Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bourke St Bakery

Fuck yeah this is the shit. An oldie but a goodie, a Sydney institution and luckily one of my locals. I've been here three times the last week.


I was so hungry all those times, I forgot to take too many photos, plus I come here all the time. You should too. Actually don't, it's already hard enough to get a seat during peak times.

Pork and fennel sausage roll. Tear that mutha up and get it in ya!



$7.50 for a dine in sausage roll and latte. I was happy with that. Coffee is always good.


 Then I had the prune and brandy custard tart for $5.50.


Service is mediocre. I keep thinking "soup nazi" whenever I'm jammed in here waiting to order. So I shuffle quickly, don't smile, place my order and cough up the cash, then get out of people's way. I'm not here for the service. I'm here for my sausage roll and coffee so I walk away happy.

You also can't beat the $5 sourdough loaf. A decent loaf for a decent price.

Bourke St Bakery
633 Bourke Street
Surry Hills
http://www.bourkestreetbakery.com.au/

Bourke Street Bakery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment