Sunday, February 12, 2012

dropping the fork at The Crêpe & Coffee Co.

My gut is hanging over my pyjama pants. It’s official, I’m becoming a fatty. A porka.

Worse of all, I’m not feeling comfortable with what I see. I’m disturbed. I should take a leaf out of the fatso’s books on Excess Baggage. I should drop the fork and go for a jog. 

It’s not that I eat badly. Sure I like to indulge in the occasional (twice weekly without fail on the weekends) baked pastry with lots of butter. It’s the lack of exercise that’s getting me and the constant eating out. I've really got to give that shit a break.

I've to been to The Crêpe & Coffee Co. twice, over the last couple of weeks.

The first time I ate a chocolate and banana crêpe. For those of you that haven't been to Paris to enjoy crêpes, croissants, tarts and all the delectable buttery goodness it has to offer, you won't know the difference. 

The crêpes here are good. What's even better is that I don't know of any other place in Sydney dedicated to these thin doughy layers of delicious goodness. 

I took photos on my iphone, but then I dropped it in a toilet. So no photos of the crêpe. Instead enjoy photos of the interior, I call it beachy meets cigar lounge (there's a leather couch in the back we were sitting on).

The second time I exclusively dedicated myself to the single origin organic Columbian coffee. This shit is damn good. Brad the owner will be happy to tell you all about it. 

I dare say, The Crêpe and Coffee Co. is my new favourite coffee place. Who would have thought they'd live up to their name?

We also played pictionary on the magic board.

I'll be going back again for coffee ASAP. I've been meaning to go to snap pics of the crêpes but like I said, I'm dropping the fork. You should go try them for yourself soon.

They also do waffles, smoothies, juices and the standard toast options for breakfast too.

The Crêpe and Coffee Co.
60 Regent Street
REDFERN

No comments:

Post a Comment