Friday, February 17, 2012

The Future is Coming & {Archive: Cocoonclub, Frankfurt}

I've slowed down, I'm not into the partying as I used to be. An awesome night for me now consists of pizza, a bottle of wine and great company. Then early to bed before I turn into a pumpkin.

Music is always in the mix, but it no longer takes the form of banging techno in a club with inebriated or otherwise indisposed individuals surrounding me.

Even so, I still subscribe to inthemix so I know what the kids are listening to. Yesterday I read this article on Sven Vath the techno master. The reality is (and this is a relief) that some of the DJ masters still persist.

I first came across Sven Vath in his home city of Frankfurt in the (European) summer of 2006. Jet lagged and disorientated, traveling with a group of four friends, one of which I met that day, we went to his legendary Cocoonclub.

Cocoonclub interior lighting


Ze Germans know how to party. They also know architecture, design and music, amongst other things. This super club combines all these elements plus more. I think there was a restaurant in there too, for when you get the munchies between DJ sets.

Cocoonclub interior lighting
My favourite aspect of the club, apart from its design were the colourful, sexy, ethereal dancers.


I couldn't take my eyes off them.

Grrrr like a tiger.

And finally some cheek action. Best - shot - EVER!









I caught Sven Vath again at Future Music Festival in Adelaide in 2008, at the Garden of Unearthly Delights. That was an awesome festival, with Chemical Brothers headlining.

Steve Angello brought the noise to the 2011 Future in Sydney. He rocked it. Hard. Better yet, Swedish House Mafia are heading to our shores this year for it.

I'm torn. Do I sit at a cafe sipping a latte; or do I party like it's 1999 at Future this March? I promised NC I'd go. Especially if I take a leaf out of Sven's book and persist... I can't back out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment