Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Hola America!

United States of America May-June 2012

Eight hours into our flight and I haven't slept a wink. I'm too excited. This time last year we were on our national lampoons European vacation.

Now we're on our way to the USA.  Thirty days, five cities.

The clincher for me? It's the first time in a long time I've been so excited about a trip...probably because I've had the luxury of time to plan, dream, imagine, construct and look forward to it. Most other times  I've been finishing my work up until the last moment, delegating tasks, following up clients, tying loose ends, firing off hundreds of emails. I got better with time, you know, got more organised, but there was always something or someone that reared its ugly complicated head in the last moments that needed dealing with.

Not this time. I'm free, baby! So I indulged in researching restaurants, neighbourhoods and the hottest things to do and places to be seen in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, New York and Boston. I've also left plenty of room for exploration and adventure.

Stay tuned, this is going to be a bumper of a month. Giddy up!!

| Angie's Definitive Trip Tools |
Eater National
Urbanspoon
Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations
Australian Gourmet Traveller
NYC go
New York Times
Airbnb
Hotels.com
Hotelclub.com
Yelp
Open Table
TripAdvisor

Ps. I bought an iPad. Best. Decision. Ever. So far...into the ninth hour of the trip, it's proved invaluable!

No comments:

Post a Comment